Tuesday, April 9, 2013

This Crazy Move & A New Blog!

     Up until 11 days ago, I was a resident of Phoenix, Arizona.  Today, however, I am a resident of Seattle, Washington.  I was born in Arizona and lived all but the first seven years of my life in the Phoenix metropolitan area, so this move is a really, REALLY, crazy thing for me.  I am married and have three amazing children.  I work from home part time and homeschool my kiddos!  A few years ago, my husband was laid off and our income was cut in half and our world was turned upside down. 
     Through the craziness of completely changing everything about our lives, I learned some great lessons about saving money.  At first, I thought all our money saving would happen by cutting bills, but we got to a point where there were no more bills to cut...but still not enough money.  So I decided to venture into the world of couponing and I began to save hundreds of dollars every month. I was able to take our monthly grocery budget from $800 a month to $300-400 per month.
     What was more exciting to me was realizing, through couponing, that absolutely every penny was important.  So much of my married life, pennies, nickels, dimes, quarters, even dollars were expendable.  Using coupons and being able to get a can of vegetables for $.09 made me see that the best way to save is by saving everyday on every little thing.  With that realization, I kind of became obsessed with finding every way I could save money!  That obsession led to my first blog, Surviving This Arizona Economy, where I searched for ways to make the most of life in Arizona, with three kids using very little money...and I succeeded and had a great time doing it!
     Now that I am in Washington, I am determined to do the same thing here...so here we are!  I hope you will join me on this crazy, exciting, money-saving adventure!!

No comments:

Post a Comment