Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Rite Aid Couponing!

    There are no Rite Aid stores in Phoenix.  There I did all of my drugstore couponing at CVS and loved it!  Luckily, with the magic of Google, I was able to figure out the basics of couponing for Rite Aid.  I was pleasantly surprised to find out the two stores have very similar programs.
     With Rite Aid, I signed up for a Wellness+ card and discovered, that much like the CVS Extra Care Buck program, using my Wellness+ card for certain purchases each week will give me +Up rewards.  These rewards are as good as cash in Rite Aid.  Since there are so many great sites that go into great detail about this program, I am going to simply tell you to Google, "how to coupon at Rite Aid" and move on.  I started couponing last week (yes, didn't waste a week) and with my first round of purchases, I received $10 in +Up Rewards.  So tonight I went back for another round and I want to share it with you.


   These Stayfree products were on sale, 2/$6.  This weekend's paper has $1 off 1 coupons for Stayfree and the Rite Aid ad had an in store coupon for $1 off 1.  This week, if you buy $30 worth of select Johnson and Johnson products, you will receive $10 in +Up Rewards.
     So, since I only had this week's coupons to choose from, I went ahead and bought 10 packages, costing $30.  I buy three papers, so I had 3 of the $1 off coupons (would have been nice to have 10) and the $1 off coupon from the Rite Aid ad (this was limit one), plus my $10 +Up Rewards from last week.
     So, here is the breakdown, $30-$4-$10 = $16 for 10 packages of Stayfree pads...and I left with $10 to spend next week.  So, we can say $1.60 per package out of pocket (OOP) and if I consider the $10 reward, only $.60 per package (regular price $3.99).  Not a bad way to start my couponing at Rite Aid.
     If you want to venture into the couponing world, I would love to help you.  Every Monday I will post my purchases from Rite Aid.  So, sign up for that card, get your papers on Sunday and you can go out on Tuesday and get the same deals I post here!
     There were many other deals to be had, but I like things simple, so I will only post what I purchase.  However, there are some great couponers out there who post all the deals you can make.  If you are ambitious, simply Google, "Rite Aid coupon deals" with the current week's date!  Remember, saving in these small ways adds up quickly!

No comments:

Post a Comment